Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Week 3: June 26 and 28
Bible Verse: "Everything good and perfect gift is from above."  James 1:17
Bible Story: Jacob has a dream.  Genesis 28: 10-22
Color: Yellow



We didn't do anything interesting last week.  Leland went to school on Tuesday.  No surprise, he still screamed his head off when I dropped him off, but was playing fine when Jason picked him up.  Leland spent the night with Pap and GiGi Tuesday night to spend time with them before they left on a 2-3 week vacation.  My step Dad's family is having a huge family reunion in Pennsylvania tomorrow for the 4th.  We would LOVED to have gone, but with our beach trip last month and Leland's Birthday this month, I didn't want Jason to ask off several days from work, and I wasn't brave enough to drive 14 hours 7 months pregnant and with a 2 year old :).  Maybe we can travel there next year so the boys and Jason can visit the farm.

I woke up really sick with a sinus infection last Sunday, so my OB called me in an antibiotic and told me to take Mucinex.  It has taken me through the past few days to get over it.  Leland woke up very stuffy Thursday morning, so I kept him home from school to get meds into him before his got as bad as mine did.  The poor little guy laid around on his sleeping bag in the living room floor ALL day!  By Friday he was back to normal, but I'm glad I kept him home to get several doses of meds into him!

Friday we cleaned out the garage and got stuff put into the attic.  We went ahead and moved the cradle into our room to get it out of the way.  I made the blanket (polka dot with blue minky dot on the backside) for the cradle last week.  The bumper also came in (I got it off of Amazon for $9!), so now we just need a matress and a sheet. 

Leland and his "punky" (monkey) have taken over the cradle!  He asked me to put a diaper and this onesie on the monkey last week as I was going through baby clothes.  Now he puts his "punky" to bed every night!  Leland will also respond with, "Laken" when you ask him what the baby's name is now and he loves to talk to Laken and feel my belly move. 

Over the weekend it was over 100 degrees outside every day.  It was entirely too hot to be outside doing ANYTHING!  I stayed in and worked on several orders, but we did get out and go to the mall Sunday afternoon for several hours to walk around. 

On a side note, Leland has several new phrases:

Aww Man
where, where, where??
Missin you, you missin me?
Firecracker, firecracker boom, boom, boom!
Supper time
Bed time
Story time
Bye friends, bye school (when we leave school)

I had such a rough pregnancy with Leland, the entire time!  I prayed that God would bless me with a humble, healthy child.  That is all I wanted.  God answered my prayers and then some.  Leland is by far the most humble, appreciative, compassionate, polite almost 3 year old I have ever met!  He thanks people for EVERYTHING, especially me for cooking dinner, making him an outfit, getting him juice, etc.  He has a way of making me feel so appreciated, even when he is acting like a 2 year old and pitching a fit!

He is also VERY polite!  He says please, excuse me, sorry, etc. at all the right times.  I am so glad he is such a respectful child because I see so many kids out in public that I want to choke, especially older kids at the pool or somewhere with a lot of kids around. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers