Wednesday, July 25, 2012

32 weeks Pregnant

I had my 32 week check-up yesterday.  I woke up sick, so I didn't get to eat much before going.  I kept Leland home from school because he begged to go see the baby at the doctor and to be honest, I did not feel like dealing with the screaming while my stomach was already sick. 

Jason happened to be working late, so he went with us as well.  Everything was fine, Laken is measuring right on for 32 weeks.  I have lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks, which puts me at a total gain of 9lbs.  I, however, feel HUGE!  I lost a lot of weight after I had Leland (almost 50 lbs not including baby weight gained), so my body feels like I have gained 30 lbs!  His heartbeat was 147, so very strong. 

I had to get my usual finger stick, but I also had to get the antibody screen so that I could get the rhogam shot because of my blood type.  I was fine while having blood drawn in the lab and walked back to the nurses station for my shot.  The nurse was warming the shot...I kind of looked at her like what am I getting into, and the rooms were full.  She took me into one of the interview rooms, which are TINY.  I asked if I should have any pain afterwards and she said, "No, but it will probably hurt going in because it is a large volume".  I leaned on the table, took all the weight off my left leg and she stuck me.  I remember the stick and talking to her, but then I remember sitting in a chair with my doctor and nurse standing over me.  I apparently passed out and she caught me and placed me in the chair. 

I am sure it was because I didn't eat much, but I was already sick, so I wasn't trying to add to it yesterday morning.  After sitting for a while and drinking a cup of sprite, we came home.  It took me a while to perk up yesterday, but after eating lunch and taking a long nap, I was feeling better. 

We go back in 2 weeks and Laken will be here in 8 weeks or less!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers