Tuesday, April 17, 2012

While getting ready for Church Easter Sunday morning, I started getting a bad pain in my left side, right below my rib, but more in my back.  We went on to Church, but the pain worsened, especially when standing and walking around. 

After Church, we came home and I went straight to bed.  After a nap, I was still in pain and remained in the relcliner for the rest of the night...even sleeping there because I couldn't get comfortable in bed.  Right at 8am on Monday, I called the Doctor and went right in.

He diagnosed me with a kidney stone.  I was in severe pain by the time I got home, so Jason went to the pharmacy, but the pain pills made me sick all day Monday.  Nothing like being sick AND in severe pain.  Luckily, my Mom came to stay the night with us, but again, I was in the recliner all night. 

By Tuesday, I was flat miserable.  I asked Mom to just take Leland with her.  I love them, but they were getting on my nerves (in a good way)!  You know when you are just in so much pain you don't want to talk, eat, or see anyone...well that's the point I was at.  She took Leland and I didn't get him back until Friday.

I was in pain and in the recliner unil Thursday.  Kudos to those that do childbirth naturally, but this kidney stone was the closest I ever want to come to that pain again!  I assure you, I will be getting the good stuff once again come Sept.  ...I have seen my doctor for a check-up since last week.  He informed me that I should be good doing natural childbirth after last week.  I assured him I would NEVER willingly put myself through that pain for any reason!  He laughed and said he agreed!  He also proceeded to ask me if I kept the stone that I passed.  I asked him if he was serious and proceeded to tell him that I was definitely not thinking about digging through the toliet to find a stone at 1:30am when I passed it and thought I was going to pass out in pain!

I am finally feeling better and trying to play catch up on my orders.  I pray I NEVER get a kidney stone again, especially while pregnant!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers