Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gender Reveal Party!-It's a BOY!

 Today we had our gender reveal party.....revealed gender of baby to family and friends.  We went with the "What will it BEE?" theme, so everything was done in yellow and black. 


 I had Edgar's Bakery make a yummy gender cake (my favorite bakery).  We opted to reveal by using balloons in a box, but they have been calling for rain on Saturday all week, so I wanted to make sure we had a plan B!
 I have held the secret of the gender all week.  I went to my 18 week apt on Tuesday, but they baby was sitting breach, straight up and down with it's legs crossed.  The technician thought she saw what it was, but we were not sure.  My doctor was nice enough to schedule me a comp sonogram yesterday, and we were able to see for sure!

I didn't even tell Jason what the gender of the baby was....why you ask?  Well, if you know my husband at all, you know he CAN NOT keep a secret!  It actually turned out to be more fun keeping it a secret from him than anyone else.  I had a pack of pink and blue balloons on the counter last night, so for a good 10-15 min, Jason was under the impression that we were having twins!

 Leland was so excited for the party and has been talking about it all week!

 19 weeks pregnant about to reveal the gender.

 It's a BOY!  Laken Morgan Rooks, Laken will be the name.  Jason actually wanted a girl this time.  I on the other hand wanted a boy.  A girl would have been fine with me, but to be honest, I am thrilled with a boy!
 I LOVE this picture!  Leland likes balloons, but he went crazy when we handed him one out of the reveal box.  He toted that balloon around all day and said he was a, "Broder!"


 I tried to get a picture with my little man, but he was too busy blowing strawberry's on the balloon!
 We had everyone guess if they thought boy or girl before we revealed.

 The inside of the cake was blue and it was SO good!  They baked it this morning because I wasn't able to tell them the gender until late yesterday.
 Leland was content picking the icing off of the rim of the cake!
 It turned out to be a beautiful day and perfect weather.  Crazy weather people seriously don't know what they are talking about sometimes!


 2 of my best girlfriends, Gina and Ashley came to the reveal.

 I asked Leland to hug the baby and this is what he did...

 Pap, GiGi, Mommy, Daddy, Big Brother Leland, Maw, and PawPaw at Laken's reveal party April 21, 2012.


My non-blood Brother, Adam.

We had a lot of fun revealing this baby's gender the way we did.  We figured since this is our last baby, we might as well have some fun and do something out of the ordinary.  Not to mention, it is always great to make a reason for friends and family to get together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers