Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mini (MUCH NEEDED) Vacation!





I have been ridiculously busy with work. I have pulled a lot of late nights working on Easter orders, as well as several large adult shirt orders for baseball/softball teams. Pap and GiGi took the camper and boat down to Wind Creek last week and Jason was off on Thursday. I decided to take a few days off to catch up on rest.
Jason went down Wednesday when he got off work, but I couldn't go down because lovely Verizon had a tower down all afternoon, so I had no Internet/cell service. I had to have the Internet to print my shipping labels for the 30+ packages. I finally packed the last package at 4am Thurs morning and got in bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow, Leland sat up and wanted milk. He usually goes right back to sleep, but he wanted to watch cartoons. I, exhausted, did not care number one that he was in my bed and number two that he wanted the TV on at this point.
I turned his cartoons on and of course it had to be the Wonder Pets and their theme song that gets stuck in my head every time!! Finally around 5 I rolled over and saw he was asleep. I turned the TV off and we were out of the house headed to Wind Creek by 8am.
I purposely left my computer at home and left my phone inside and didn't check it. We had a great relaxing time and didn't wind up coming home until Sunday! I was quickly reminded that I was back to the real world when I opened my inbox and saw the stack of orders waiting on me! This week has been crazy busy as well. I am truly blessed with the amount of business I get and that I am able to make a living from home and stay with my sweet boy each day, however, I am TIRED!!
Speaking of staying at home with Leland...I am registering him for 3 year old preschool on Monday. He will be going 3 days a week in the Fall. I didn't want to start him in the Fall because they start right before I am due with the baby. I figured that may be too much for him to digest at one time, so I am enrolling him in the Summer Fun program as well. He will be going 2 days a week for 7 weeks this Summer. It is basically a vacation Bible School 2 days a week, but he will be with the same kids that he will be with in the Fall, so hopefully he will make some friends and the transition will be easy!
On a side note...
Friday morning, I had to drive to Inverness to meet a customer with a huge box of sweat shirts I had completed. I met her around 9, so Leland and I didn't have time to eat breakfast before we left. We stopped in Panera because it was right there (and I love it). I could see people staring as I am letting my 2 year old walk around and carry his orange juice (all the other people were having coffee and enjoying quiet computer time). We sat down with our breakfast and he was very good. He sat quietly and ate his muffin, but mid way through, he spotted a guy with a computer. He shouted, "Puter"! Mommy, "Puter"! I looked at the guy and he was smiling. I said yes, we have to wisper, he is working. Leland said OK (in a quiet voice) and proceeded to ask me if the man was wearing boots, pants, and socks. We were also sitting by a window, so the cars kept him occupied because he could tell me the colors.
I couldn't help but laugh at him and suddenly realize how grown he is! It was amazing the conversation I was having with a 2 year old over breakfast! I also realized that I better enjoy eating with my sweet boy alone while I can because come Sept, we will not be making to many outtings with just me and 2 kids!
I also had to run in Belk before I headed home. We were in the baby/toddler section and he spotted the baby dolls. He picked up a pink baby doll and acted like he was rocking her. He then placed the baby in the stroller and pushed it around. I was amazed because I have never shown him a baby doll before. He has a stuffed monkey that he loves, but he was drawn to this baby doll and knew exactly what to do! He is going to be such a good big Brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers