Saturday, March 10, 2012

Leland is changing so much and learning new things everyday. He literally
learns/says new things daily. I wanted to note a few things he has said or done
in the past few weeks before I forget them...

Leland is a little backseat driver! When you stop at a stop sign, he shouts STOP! He also tells you
to turn left or right and tells the cars in front of us to MOVE!

Leland is pretty good about climbing into his car seat on his own and he almost has
buckling himself down pat...this will help me out a ton in Sept!

He was on a kick of saying he wanted to go to the apple store when I said we were going
to a store, but now he has just picked up Wal-Mart, so if we are getting ready to leave,
he says, "Go park at Wal-Mart!"

He was so sweet to me while we were at Moms all last week. He played in the living room floor with Pap while we watched TV at night. He came over to the couch where I was sitting and pushed me back, made me prop my feet up, put a pillow behind my head, and covered me up
with a blanket!

Also while at Mom's, they have a cover on their 40 ft camper. Leland helped Pap take it off, so Leland kept saying the camper took his B's off! We were all sitting on the inside of the camper and Mom asked Leland if he was camping....he said, "No, GiGi's at house!"

We went to the grocery store yesterday and Leland wanted to get the "chocolate" eggs instead of the regular ones...he was referring to the Organic ones!

Leland is VERY independent. He is not independent when it comes to going to the potty, however. He is still great with absolutely no accidents day or night, BUT, he wants me to
stand in the bathroom with him. It is SO aggravating! I know he is only little once,
but we are working hard on making him take his own pants off and get on the
potty by himself.

He is going through a small growth spurt and his underwear were getting a little snug. His little barn door started opening when he would sit to play and he didn't like it AT ALL!! I bought him a few new pairs of underwear and got the boxer brief kind this time. He likes them much
better!

I call him my little OCD child because he is seriously the most picky/wants it done my way only child I know. We work daily to teach him patience and that it is OK if something is different...definitely a work in progress!

In other news, I started my 2nd trimester today. This pregnancy is flying by. Other than back pain and bad headaches, I forget I'm pregnant. I'm still barely showing. I can't believe that in 5 short weeks we will know what we are having! I am trying to enjoy this pregnancy, because it is my last, and I want things to slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers