Saturday, December 18, 2010

Almost 17 Months Old!

I think I missed a 16 month update, so with the busy week we have ahead, I wanted to take time to update all of the new stuff Leland entertains us with these days!

I am not sure of an exact weight. He doesn't have to go back to the doctor until January for his 18 month check-up. I do know that he is 33" tall. He is wearing 24 month clothing if it is something that snaps, but he can wear a lot of 18 month shirts. The 18 month pants are starting to get too short, but the 24 month are still too long without shoes! He is getting skinny now that he is walking all over the place and getting so tall!

I purchased his first pair of real tennis shoes right before Thanksgiving. He got a pair of New Balance and he loves them! He brings his shoes to you anytime he thinks we are going some where! He is now wearing a 6 1/2 wide shoe, so he is going to have big feet like most people in my family!

Just in the past week, he is jabbering more and more, but starting to say stuff that you can actually understand. I have understood the following here lately:

Dutchess sit
Outside Sis
Juice
Ho Ho Ho
Shoes
Go Bye
Ride

He is very smart and knows where his food is in the kitchen. He points to the cabinet when he is hungry or wants milk or juice. He still loves to sit at his table for snacks and meals, but is still being a picky eater. He is the good kind of picky eater, wanting veggies, meat, and water. Sometimes he eats like a little pig and sometimes he just picks and barely eats anything.

He is walking all over the place, but still looses his balance at times. I definitely would not trust him outside on a surface other than grass.

He is starting to get an imagination because he will sit in his own little world and play with his toys at times. I love to sit and watch him play with his spoon, pots and pans, and his cars. I just wish I knew what he was thinking!

He is growing up so fast and turning into such sweet little boy!

Leland is showing a huge interest in potty training, so after talking with several friends, I bought a potty seat that fits onto the big potty. I plan to start potty training very soon. I am not going to push him, but we'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers