Monday, February 15, 2010

Vulcan

I apologize for the picture quality! The one day I leave my camera at home, Jason decides we need to make a pit stop by Vulcan.

I was raised in Birmingham, but I have never been to Vulcan. I have seen him many times passing by!

It is actually a very neat place. We took advantage of the warm museum before wrapping Leland up like an Eskimo child in his stroller to take the elevator to the top of Vulcan. Any one who knows me should know that I am VERY afraid of heights!! I did not want to get off of the elevator, but I stepped out and stood in that same spot until I finally found enough courage to walk a few steps out to grab a hand rail! We took 2 quick pictures, glanced at the view, and got back on the warm/heated elevator! (Yes, I am fully aware that we picked one of the coldest days of the year to go to this monument, but do you know my husband?? He wanted to go, so we went!) We will definitely be making a trip back when warmer weather graces us with it's precense!! We took pictures with our phones, but it was the best we could do.


Leland LOVED the big glass windows. He loves to stand and wiggle and will refuse to sit by locking his little legs!




He is slowly getting better at sitting on his own, but is still wobbly if he is not paying attention to sitting!





















This marble is from my Mom's hometown, Sylacauga, AL. Can you see the two angels??










No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers