Tuesday, December 8, 2009

LONG night.....











I had a very interesting night and that explains why I am on the computer at 5:00am!!

Last week I noticed that Dutchess was getting a little round, but I thought it was just because she was eating a lot better and healthier now at our house. Mom came over and kept insisting that the dog may be pregnant, but I thought that there was no possible way as she stays in the house with us all the time and even when we are gone. She was on her cycle when we first got her and to my knowledge was not around any other dog at my Dad's house, or so we thought!

I still didn't think much of it last week, even though I had a hunch that she might be prego, but I really started to think it yesterday morning when I saw that her milk had obviously came in and she kept panting all day. I got on the internet to do some research and she was showing all the symptoms of labor for dogs. The true test, as the internet said, was to check the dogs temperature. It said that normally dogs temperatures are 101 degrees and when it drops to around 97 degrees, pups will follow within 12 to 24 hours. Well I bit the bullet and checked her temp and sure enough it was 97.3 degrees. I called a few people that knew about this kind of thing and they all told me that you just have to wait, so we did.

Dutchess laid on her bed most of the night, but still panted, so I didn't sleep very well for trying to listen out for her. Leland woke me up at 2:30 and couldn't breath, so I had to suction his nose and he was not going back to sleep after that. He was also not a happy camper! I finally got him back to sleep, but he would only sleep on me, which means no good sleep for me. I finally got him laid back down at 4:15 just to realize that Dutchess was having the baby!

She had one baby girl. I can't tell who she looks like (Mom or Dad), but she is cute! Mom and baby are doing well and hopefully we can all catch a long nap today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers