Saturday, December 19, 2009

Goofy Sparkle Toes!!

I finally found an Elf on the Shelf book! I am so excited to start this tradition with Leland at Christmas time. It is a really cute book and it comes with an Elf that you have to name (the book tells the child to name the elf). We had no idea what we wanted to name him, so Jason googled Elf names. You know you can find anything on the Internet!

There is a website that lets you put in your first and last name and it tells you your elf name. We put in Leland's name and Goofy Sparkle Toes was our response. So, that is the name of our elf (Sparkle Toes for short!)!!

If you are unfamiliar with the Elf on the Shelf, it is an elf that works for Santa and sits somewhere in your home (a different place each day) to "watch" over your children to see if they are being bad or good. He then goes back to the North Pole at night to report to Santa. The book tells the child that they are not allowed to touch the elf or the magic will stop. I think its a really cute idea! I'm sure it will be a lot more fun next year when Leland understands the concept. For now, he likes the book!

I also purchased a cheap copy of The Night Before Christmas. This is my favorite Christmas story and I wanted Leland to have a copy. He likes it as well. He does well sitting through longer stories. He loves to listen to someone talking to him!!

Some of the Christmas traditions we are starting for Leland include:

The Elf on the Shelf, the book The Night Before Christmas, his Santa I've been SOOO good Love, Leland plate to leave something for Santa, and he joined Jason and I on our annual trip to the lake at Christmas time this year! Jason and I have been going to the lake at Christmas time for the past 2 or 3 years and we plan to continue for many years to come! I love going to the lake house in the winter time. It is a nice get away even if its just for the day or a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers