Saturday, September 15, 2012

Laken Morgan Rooks is Here!


On Sept. 5, I went to my 38 1/2 week check-up.  Earlier in the week (Labor Day), I thought I might need to go to the hospital, but it was a false alarm.  My contractions pretty much stopped, so I actually called Mom the morning of the doctor's appointment and said, "Today is NOT the day"!

I had a load of close to 30 packages and 2 big boxes of items to ship for completed orders.  I dropped Leland off at school, mailed the packages, and headed to the hospital for my appointment. 

To my surprise (BIG SURPRISE), when my doctor checked me, I was 3 cm!  He asked if I wanted to have a baby that day?  My response...My Husband is at the court house, my Mom is at home, my child is at school, and my bags are NOT packed, but OK!

I quickly called Mom and asked her to come to the hospital.  I had Jason come to the parking deck to swap vehicles with me, go home and get my bags (had everything laid out, just not IN a bag), and go pick up Leland. 

Around 11:00am, I arrived on the 3rd floor of the hospital, while talking to Jason on the phone.  They immediately started my IV and started prepping me.  My water was broke by 11:30 and Mom arrived at 11:45.  Jason met my step Dad with Leland and made it to the hospital around 1:30.  I had already gotten my epidural by the time Jason arrived...my contractions got totally unbearable and right on top of one another.  The anesthegiologist asked if I was OK when he walked in because apparently I was white as a ghost!

Once the epidural eased my pain, the nurse checked me around 1:45.  I was already 8cm!  I can not believe how fast this delivery went!  Laken Morgan arrived at 4:02, BUT I could have easily had him an hour to an hour and a half earlier if my doctor wasn't in surgery. 

Laken Morgan arrived with long fingers and toes, dark hair, a dimple on the right cheek, and dark complection.  He weighed 7 lb, 5 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long.  He is perfectly healthy!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

He has been such a great baby so far!  He thankfully was not jaundice like his Brother and other than people constantly coming in and out of the hospital room, we had a pretty good stay. 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers

Blog Archive