Tuesday, September 6, 2011

BIG Boy!

Leland is steadily growing smarter by the day! It is so much fun and a blessing to stay home with him every day. At times it is a huge challenge to get all my orders complete and keep him happy, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

I know I have said it 100 times, but Leland and the dog are best friends. He makes sure he shares with her and is always giving her hugs....and at times tormenting her, but what are little brothers for?!

He loves to brush his teeth.

I had a goal in mind for Labor Day weekend of staying home and doing nothing but processing orders and working with Leland on potty training. I must admit I was pretty successful in both categories!

In the past 2 days, I have appliqued over 30 shirts and sewn almost 20 pairs of pants. Sadly, this does not put a huge dent in my order book, but I am making good progress!

It rained HARD for well over the past 2 days here in Birmingham. Jason was off the past 2 days, so we have spent both days inside with the windows up while it rains. They guys have watched movies, as we have no cable, and I have been in my office non stop!

As for potty training, I decided to give it another good go. Thankfully this time Leland is really willing to learn. He has fallen in love with Thomas underwear, or "Choo Choo's" as he calls them. We only had 2 pair to start from several months ago, but I purchased another pack at Target, so we are set with 10 or 12!

Leland has done really well since Friday. He wakes up with his diaper dry and goes to the potty. For the rest of the day he is in his "Choo Choo's" until bed. We have had our share of accidents over the weekend, but he now screams if he pees on himself as if someone has killed him and he tries his best to let you know when he has to go. We are doing much better with not as many accidents thankfully! I suppose the hardest thing will be learning his little cues to know when he needs to go in case he can't tell us quick enough. For now, he is doing a great job and doesn't want to stop wearing underwear....that would be why he has them on over his diaper for bed tonight!

I really can't believe how fast Leland is growing and how humble of a child he is. He willingly says please, thank you, and sorry all the time now. He can also tell you who each character is on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, quite possibly the funniest think I have ever heard, especially when he says "Donald"! It is also amazing to me that he understands TV now and interacts with the cartoons. He is also very much into drawing with his crayons on his easel and reading books!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers