Thursday, March 24, 2011

20 months!

I can NOT believe that our baby will be 2 in 4 short months! 2011 has flown by so far... pretty sure it seems this way because we stay so busy!
Leland is now a very active toddler and very independent. I have once again neglected his little toes by shoving them in shoes that are too small. Little bit gave me a big hint that his tennis shoes were too short by sitting down and grabbing his toes instead of walking! I took him to the shoe store and he got 2 new pairs of Spring/Summer shoes. Now that he has happy feet, he is running all over the place. With all of this running comes boo boo's! Leland has a big scrape on his knee, but I am sure it is the first of many.
I have been sick since last Friday. It couldn't have come at a worse time. We hosted a couple's baby shower for our good friends Wilbur and Jennifer Saturday, and I had no voice! We still had a good time and look at this beautiful cake for baby Chloe!
By Monday, I still had no voice and had a terrible cough. I went to the doctor and it was confirmed that I have Bronchitis, which is contatious...GREAT! I left Leland with Mom and Larry until Wednesday because Jason is in Atlanta and I definitely did not want to get Leland sick.

Unfortunately, I do not think leaving him did any good except allowing me to rest. Leland woke up coughing this morning and it has progressively gotten worse, so I am sure tomorrow will be even worse.
As for 20 month milestones, Leland is talking more and more. He says a lot of words that include:
MaMa
DaDa
Sissy
Dutchess
Keys
Please
Go
Bye
This
Juice
Ball
Yes
OK
Mam
**His version of keys, this, and please all kind of run together unless you are around him and know what he is saying. His Mam is more like, "AM"!
He has learned to shrug his shoulders (I have no idea where he learned it, but it is funny)
He loves:
green peas
the Steam Fresh rice with the veggies mixed in
corn
yogurt
milk
water w/ a splash of juice
peanut butter
salad
cole slaw
He would stay outside all day and night if we would let him.
When you give him a peanut butter sandwich, he immediately opens it and licks the peanut butter! He LOVES peanut butter on a sandwich or off a spoon.
The other night, he fell asleep right after dinner and woke up. He wante a snack (so did I), so we made some mini berry muffins. I let him pour the water in and help me stir. I gave him a bite of the batter (no eggs) and he was in Heaven! I asked him if they smelled good and he stuck his head right over the bowl and took a big sniff. I died out laughing!
He is obsessed with going and totes my keys all over the house. As soon as I start packing packages to mail, he knows that we are leaving and starts chanting, "Go, Go, Go" a hundred times!
Potty training is non existent. He totally lost all interest, which is fine for now.
He is a very loving, yet very persistent little boy!
He loves to give kisses and hugs and completely makes me smile even on my worst day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers