Monday, July 19, 2010

So SMART!

Aside from not being able to walk yet, I think we have a very smart almost 1 year old!!

For starters, his vocabulary has increased so much over the past month. He can now say:

*My MaMa
*Oh DaDa
*Hey Sissy (He says this every morning when he wakes up!)
*GiGi
*He usually says BaBa, but he gets out Mik out sometimes trying to say milk
*The other day, my mom and I were eating lunch with Leland at Zaxby's and the music was playing. Mom asked Leland if he could dance and as he started dancing he plain as day said, "Dance!" Of course it was a one time occurance so far, but he said it!

His new thing is to hand you things and he wants you to say Thank You!


His new found passion is trucks and anything to do with music. He loves things that make noise and will dance to any music. I have taken him to the toy store several times here lately to get an idea of what he likes to play with and he loves the musical instruments! His Grandma bought him a truck while we were in Newnan and he now has 3. He loves playing with them. He lays on his tummy like a big kid and rolls them back and forth.

Today, my Dad and I took Leland to Toys R Us for him to "pick out what he wanted for his Birthday" as Dad said! Anytime you show Leland the front of the box, he will try to turn it around to see the back. What kid does that? He does the same thing with books. If I show him the front and then open the book, he will immediately close the book and turn it to the back. He wants to see the front and back before we read!! How in the world does he know that all books, boxes, etc. have fronts, sides, and backs?

We looked at tons of toys and once we found something on one isle, we would put it back and keep looking. To my amazement, after we showed him how to work the toy, he knew how to work each one when we went back to it.

I supose I am amazed at our little sponge! He is soaking up anything you will teach him these days!! Jason and I can not believe that we are 3 days away from our baby boy turning ONE!! He is by far the greatest blessing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers