Tuesday, May 11, 2010

1st Mother's Day!

Over the weekend, I celebrated my 1st Mother's Day with my sweet baby boy and wonderful husband. Sunday was kind of bitter sweet. Why you ask?
It was sweet because I got to spend time with my two favorite guys. Jason worked a lot last week, so we didn't get to see each other very much at all. Leland and I had breakfast together while watching cartoons to start off our day. While I thought I would be able to lay on the couch and watch a movie, I was very mistaken. My husband decided that it was time that we put our plan of expanding our patio into action. Yes, on Mother's Day I had to do manual labor. FUN! Even though it was work, I love the result! I love to entertain and have a place outside, which we did not have before. Now we have a great 8X14 expansion to our patio that includes a new table and 4 chairs, which we got a great deal on!! Now if we could get the grass to grow and turn green, we would be in business!






Leland kept reaching for my pineapple, so I let him taste it! He loved it, but I only gave him a little.






































I say that it was bitter because as soon as I woke up Sunday morning, I had text messages from 3 different people informing me that a friend, Capt. Kyle Comfort, lost his life Saturday in Afghanistan while fighting for our country. He was a Ranger, so he was deployed to a secret location and they were on a mission that even his wife didn't know about. I graduated with Kyle from JSU and was good friends with his wife, whom I still keep in touch with. He was such a nice, honorable man. He left behind a very strong, sweet wife and 7 month old baby girl.
I have been so upset over the news, but overjoyed at all the comments people leave Brooke on her facebook page. I can not imagine what she is going through, but I definitely pray that God wraps his arms around her, the baby, and her family to guide them through this difficult time. I am also very Thankful for Kyle and his service to this country and giving the ultimate sacrifice for all of us Americans.
Please keep the ones you love very close to your heart and never take a moment for granted. You never know what tomorrow is going to bring. I definitely Thank God everyday for time spent with my wonderful family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers