Sunday, September 27, 2009

Meet Dutches!!

Some people think I am crazy because I have already gotten another dog. If you have ever owned a pet that was a huge part of your family and then lost them, you will understand the sadness we have being in our house where everything reminds us of Tisyn.

I also know that some people think I a crazy for being as upset as I am over a dog, but once again, you don't know what it's like. Everything we do reminds us of our sweet Tisyn.

We were offered a 2 year old female from a girl that works at the pet clinic where we took Tisyn, but I was worried that she would not be good with the baby. I would love to have another puppy to raise, but with our financial situation, I don't have the means to get a puppy and pay vet bills at this time.

My dad had a 2 year old Boxer named Dutches. He offered for us to take Dutches since we know her personality. We picked her up today and made a trip to the pet store to get her a new collar and a toy.

So far she has transitioned to our house really well. She is no Tisyn and will never take his place, but she is a very sweet natured dog. She is very small and dainty compared to Tisyn. She is also a good bit calmer.
We are not hoping that she will help us forget Tisyn, but just that she will help us get used to him not being here. She has already brought joy back in our home today, so the healing process begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers