Thursday, September 3, 2009

6 Weeks Old!!


Can anyone believe that it has been 6 weeks since Leland was born?? I know I can't!

We both had our 6 week check-ups at the doctor yesterday. I took Leland to his new pediatrician and as soon as I walked into the door of the practice, I knew I had made the right choice to change doctors! His new pediatrician is WONDERFUL! I love the clean office, nurses, and most of all the doctor! Our little chunky monkey has gained 4 lbs since birth and is in the 75th percentile for growth at 11lbs and 10 oz. The doctor said that is perfectly normal. (I thought it was a little much!) He has grown 2 inches and is in the 50th percentile for growth at 22 inches long. He commented that Leland is very alert and follows objects very well for his age. He also said that he is holding his head up by himself well and that it is early, but he is doing good by trying to roll over. We did not get any shots yesterday, but my poor baby has to get 6 on the 23rd of this month for his 2 month check-up. 3 in one leg, 2 in the other, and 1 oral vaccination. I am definitely not ready to hold my child down to scream in pain while they do all of this! I will more than likely be crying with him!

I think we have a smart little boy on our hands! He has become so much more vocal in the past few days. I absolutely love listening to him baby talk and watching him smile! While at the hospital strolling around yesterday, he also noticed his toys that hang on his carrier. He hit them several times with his hands and made noises as if he was talking to the frog. I thought this was pretty impressive!

My check-up went well also. I am not 100% healed, but the doctor said I am healing well.


Forget the swing, bouncy seat, or holding Leland....
This child LOVES to lay on a quilt on the floor and watch TV!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers