Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Cake Lady!!

I may have found myself a new hobby! I have always liked to cook, but not necessarily bake. I have always been able to make sheet cakes no problem out of a box, but never really ventured out to make layer cakes. I made my first one for our good friend Danielle’s birthday back in December. It was a 3 layer strawberry cake with pink butter cream icing homemade!! It turned out so good and everyone was impressed!

I have a friend at work that is now my assistant. I have gotten really close to her because we are both pregnant and she is only 3 weeks ahead of me. Today we are throwing her work baby shower. I made a vanilla cake with butter cream icing (her favorite!) and died it blue for her sweet baby boy Christian!

Word to the wise when cake baking…..

When you complete your cake (icing and all), make sure you have a good grip on it when you transport to the refrigerator! Needless to say, I got good practice last night. I had to make 2 cakes because the first one landed in the floor and was not able to be saved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers