Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Busy, Busy!!!

It seems as though our lives are speeding up instead of slowing down. Everyone tells you while you are in high school and college to slow down and enjoy the moment because the days will fly by when you get into the real world. That is SO true! Jason and I are busier than ever balancing work, weddings, showers for us and others, keeping the house put together, and making time to spend with family. This pregnancy has not been a slow process either. It seems like yesterday we found out we were going to be parents! I am now 29 weeks and Leland will be here before we know it.

We started our prenatal parenting class last night. It will be a 4 week class on Monday nights at St. Vincent’s where we will deliver. It was a very interesting night. I had to introduce Jason and myself because he received a phone call from the alarm company due to the fact that Tisyn would not allow our neighbor (whom he knows very well) let him out! Tisyn is not a mean dog by any means, but he is extremely protective and even more so now that I am pregnant. Everyone has always said that animals can sense pregnancy and I know he does. He has to be under my feet wherever I go even in the middle of the night when I get up several times! He has been around several babies in his life time that I have baby sat, so I know he will be just fine when the baby gets here, but he was 100% sure that no one was getting into the house that wasn’t supposed to last night!

Jason and I learned the stages of the delivery last night. Both of us were worried about watching videos and all of that good stuff, but I think we did just fine and learned a lot. I feel more comfortable about having this baby now that I know when to go to the hospital, how to count contractions, and everything to expect through all of the stages. I will update after each class to let you know all the interesting things we are learning about being parents!

Over the weekend we had a baby shower in Newnan. We got lots of great stuff and I will post pictures later. We would like to ask everyone to pray for our grandmother (Imo Gene) that is in the hospital undergoing test and possible surgery on her heart. Everything is going to be fine, but the family just needs prayers at this time to help all of us stay strong for her!

1 comment:

  1. awww, isn't it exciting learning what all to expect?! by the time you finish your classes, you'll be able to do my job! LOL! I can't wait for baby Leland to be here!! I know all 3 of you will do great!!! love you lots!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers