Wednesday, May 20, 2009

And the count down begins!

We only have about 60 days to go, give or take a few, before we meet our baby boy! We went to the doctor on Monday for my 8 month check-up. We started the visit with the 4D ultrasound. Leland was very stubborn and we could not get good pictures of him. He is head down (in my bladder!!) and feet in my ribs on the right side. He will be taking after his mommy's side of the family with big feet for sure! We were able to get a good look at his feet, heart, and some good head shots in 2D, but he likes to snuggle up against the front of my belly, so his face was very distorted. The tech was very nice and gave us our money back for the unsuccessful 4D and gave us about 20 regular ultrasound pictures. I was happy. I mainly wanted another ultrasound to confirm that it is indeed a boy, which it is and to make sure that he is growing properly since I still appear to not be very far along if you look at my belly.

I am super excited that I haven't gained a ton of weight during this pregnancy. I lost around 15 pounds in the beginning (first 20 weeks) and I have only gained 13 back, so I am still even. Everyone tells me the most growth is in the last two months, so maybe I shouldn't talk to soon!! Leland is perfect in length and weight and is taking up every inch of my belly. The doctor said everything is great with the baby and he has a very strong heart beat.

I also had to get an antibody screen and a Rogham shot because I am a negative blood type. My visits are now every two weeks and we will have a baby before we know it! This pregnancy is going by SO fast!

I appologize for not posting any ultrasound pictures, but there are really no clear ones on paper. We did get a good DVD of the entire thing including the attempted 4D.

1 comment:

  1. That's too bad you couldn't get some clear shots of Leland... at least it will still be a surprise who he takes the most after. That was the most fun part to me was seeing Maddox for the first time to see who he looked like!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers