Saturday, November 19, 2011

I haven't done a "Leland" post in a while, so I wanted to update his book with what he's up to these days!

Leland is a bubbly little boy and will talk to ANYONE! It is almost embarassing that he has to speak to EVERYONE everywhere we go! At least once a week, I am told that he will be a judge or politician. Not just because he will talk to a brick wall, but because of his name. Not sure how I feel about the proposed career choice, but I suppose time will tell what he wants to be!

Leland is into trains, cars, and imitating things. He puts his hands on his hips and leans on the counter like a grown up while grown ups are talking. He understands all of his cartoons now and calls them by name. He also interacts with all of the cartoons.

He loves to sing and dance. He is trying his best to sing the ABC's and count to 5. He has 2 and 5 down pat including holding up the right fingers. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse had an episode on the other morning and they were all dancing and singing. Leland walked around the living room singing, "Shake your hiney, shake your hiney"! I couldn't help but die out laughing!

Leland is also very much into books and loves to read. He has a growing vocabulary and he will try to say anything you ask him to say. Some of his new words include:
Santa
Turkey
Gobble, Gobble
elephant
Zoo
monkey
lion
He will make the sounds of all the animals
He can point out all of his body parts and call them by name
He can point out objects in books and remembers what books are which
He loves to color and draw

Leland is a pretty picky eater. He used to love most anything, but now he doesn't eat a lot at all. He still loves milk and drinks 2%, but he will not touch pasta including spagetti and mac and cheese. He eats a good bit of chicken and steak and will eat a hamburger on occasion. He loves hard boiled eggs and cheese. He will eat most all fruit except banannas. He LOVES corn and sweet potatos, but it is hard to get him to eat green veggies. He will typically eat green peas with no problem.

Leland has shot straight from a size 24m to a 3T pant. He needs the 3T for length, but they are huge in the waist. I make most of his pants and will be putting a dart in the waist of his store bought ones. He can wear a 2T in most tops unless they run small. His big feet are now between a 9 and 10 depending on the shoe.

Leland doesn't miss a beat and remembers EVERYTHING!

GiGi and Pap took Leland to the Bass Pro Shop last week and he rode every 4-wheeler and boat. They were all decorated for Christmas, but they didn't take him all the way up to Santa. Jason and I asked him if he wanted to see Santa this week and he immediately started asking about the 4-wheelers, boats, and saying, "Ho, Ho, Ho"! He did the same thing today when I asked him about going to the Zoo...started naming animals, asking for the choo choo, and the tractor. It is so amazing how he remembers certain things about every place he goes!

Leland is also very much a Mommy's boy. He is definitely at the age that he wants to be with me at all points in time. If I am anywhere around, he will not let anyone do anything for him. If I am not around, he is happy to let someone get his juice or take him potty. Leland used to be more than happy to go somewhere or stay with GiGi, but for the past week or so, he will not go unless I am! I feel very loved that he wants me around all the time, but at the same time, it breaks my heart to leave him screaming when I have to leave him even though I know he is perfectly fine!

I think that about sums up how little man is growing. He is spoiled rotten, has a temper at times, smart, loving, and I wouldn't change a thing about him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers