Thursday, January 6, 2011

I am really behind on my blog post, which is very unusual for me! I am suffering from migraine headaches and have been for over a week now. They are getting a little better, finally, so I am hoping relief is in sight.

We had a very uneventful New Years this year. It consisted of my Mom coming to take me to the Urgent Care for 2 shots to ease one of the worst migraines I have had in years. It was nearly 9pm when we got home and I was in bed by 10. Thankfully the headaches decided to come visit while Jason was off work, so he was able to keep Leland all weekend while I stayed on strong pain meds and rested. I am very Thankful!! I have history of chronic migraines since High school, but I have not had a bad one since college. I am not sure what is triggering them, but I am more than ready for the multiple time a day headaches to go away. It is completely different being sick with a child, as compared to before a child. I can't just drop everything and lay in bed. I do have a very active 17 month old that depends on me!

I am ready for 2011. I feel that 2010 was kind of a Blah year. I had a very good year business wise and pray that it continues. We also had a very good year with Leland, as each day we got to watch him grow and learn something new each day. We created so many wonderful memories with him!

On the downside, there was a lot of drama in 2010 that I completely wash my hands of. I am tired of stressing over things that can't be changed by me, so I'll just continue to pray for God to work everything out the way it needs to be.

I did relearn several good lessons in 2010:
1. Be Thankful for the people in your life regardless of the status of your relationship. Don't take the people or things in your life for granted, because you never know what today or tomorrow is going to hold. I have 4 good friends that all lost a close family member all within the week of Christmas. Things like this put a lot in perspective, so stop trying to prove a point and figure out some way to mend your sour relationships and somehow agree to disagree.

2. A genuine smile has a very powerful effect on people. I am not going to say that I walk around with a smile on my face all the time, but I do try to make a conscious effort to always smile at people, especially strangers as we pass. The most valuable thing I learned while working for Enterprise was to never judge a book by it's cover. You never know what people are going through. I promise that someone is having a worse day than you, so get over it, smile, and try to have a good day!

Jason, my Mom, and I got a 4 year old little boy off of the giving tree at our Church for Christmas this year. My heart has never felt so full of joy as it did delivering his big bag of clothes, goodies, and his new bicycle! It meant the world to me to be able to give to a child that otherwise would not have had anything to open Christmas morning.

3. Forgiving people is easy. It's the forgetting and moving on that is a work in progress and can be difficult when you've been hurt. In 2010, more than any year, I have learned to forgive people and just let it go. I sleep so much better at night knowing I don't have any burden's on my chest. It is very hard, but I have learned to just let things go and turn it all over to God.

4. The most important lesson I relearned in 2010 was to put God first and that trusting Him is everything.

Here's to 2011 being a wonderful year! I hope that everyone and their families have a blessed and stress free year!

I hope to get all the pictures I am behind on posting up this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers

Blog Archive