Monday, July 6, 2009

37 1/2 Week Check-up!!

I went to the doctor today for my weekly check-up. I was surprised to find out that I am actually progressing. Last week I was still pregnant, but not progressing into labor whatsoever. This week I was told that my cervix has dropped and I am thinning out. I am not yet dilated, but apparently thinning out is the beginning to all the fun of labor.
I was told 3 times to call if I need the doctor before next week. I don't think I will have a baby by next week, but was informed that I can go anytime now, which has me a little extra nervous!!
The doctor says he weighs 7 lbs 4 oz today. I responded with how much weight can he gain in two weeks?? I was told USUALLY not more than a pound. My response was, "I am trying to stay in the 7 lb range!" The doctor doesn't think he will be over 8 lbs. He should be a good size baby at 7 lbs something! Not too big, not too small.
I was also kind of shot down about the possible induction being on the 17th. Most of you probably don't know, but my Ninnie's birthday was July 17th and she was by far the greatest woman I ever knew. As soon as we found out we were expecting in July, I hoped the baby would be born on her birthday. Well in order to do this, Leland will have to come on his own. I was informed that the doctor will not be in the office that day, so no induction on the 17th :(
I unfortunately am kind of stuck waiting until next Monday's appointment to talk with the doctor again to see how much I have progressed in 1 weeks time. IF I have progressed more and have dilated, they will induce me at 39 weeks, just not sure what day yet. However, if I have not progressed any more or not enough, I will have to wait until my 40th week or closer to my due date of the 24th.
I pray I go into labor on my own without being induced, but it is getting down to the wire and I am ready to have this baby one way or the other!!!
To pass time in the afternoons, I have been working with my sewing machine quite a bit. I made 2 newborn bubble suits for Leland. He will wear one home from the hospital and one for his first picture session around 3-4 weeks old.

I have also added ribbon and fabric to 12 burp cloths:
Made some paci clips:
And wipe covers:



















2 comments:

  1. Way cute stuff Jen. Yeah you should definately go into your own business. Im glad to know in ten years when I have a baby, I have a talented and creative best friend to make stuff for the baby. lol! love yall and cant wait to meet the lil man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, I love all the cute stuff you made, Jenn!!! I'm jealous!! lol...I wish I was *half* as creative as you! can't wait to see little Leland soon!! (just remind him to make it after the 16th!! haha)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Jason and I were married on March 1, 2008. We are each others best friend and wouldn't trade our lives for anything! Jason was born and raised in Newnan, GA and I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL where we now live. We have an awesome family that is always there for us. We had a beautiful baby boy, Leland Matthew, on July 22, 2009. He is now growing like a weed and so much fun! We have a very hectic life, but we love it! We take everything that God gives us and deal with it the best we can. We know he has a plan for our family and can't wait to see what the future brings!!

Followers